Evolution

of Can Heras, from the original masía in the XIII C. to the construction of the tower in the late 1800s

XIII C.

Original masía

It followed the classic design of Catalan country houses, with a main doorway with voussoirs, a balcony and windows. The windows at the back of the house were small

1731

New structure is adjoined to the house to increase both the living space and the area used for farming tasks

1731

New structure is adjoined to the house to increase both the living space and the area used for farming tasks
Annex is built

1731—1733

Arrowslit windows

The owners build arrowslits and a system of trap doors and false doors, as an escape route in the event of an attack
Load-bearing walls are built, indicating the intention to build more storeys

1771

The chapel was built at the back, with a south-facing door

1850

Continued growth

Miquel Heras de Puig undertook a significant extension to the house bearing witness to this is an inscription on the porch, still visible today
The threshing floor was moved to the back of the house, next to the main porch
New annexes for farming chores

XIX C.

A new house

A new house was built, completely different in style to the masía, although attached to it at one end. This building included a turret, as its most prominent feature
×